We discovered Milkandeggs.com several weeks agoand I've been meaning to post about it on the blog as I have on Instagram. They have a lovely variety of locally farmed fresh fruits and veggies, meat, seafood, condiments and more. No minimum spend for free delivery. They even have a great selection of Asian veggies like bok choy and daikon and handmade dumplings! All at really affordable prices.
|Currently serving Los Angeles and Orange County|
Nonetheless, I received a notification via text message that my "order has been delivered." I placed our previously used cooler tote from our first order outside for the exchange. Bummed to see these two bags weren't in that same cooler tote as I presumed. Oh well, someone else will be pleasantly surprised. I brought in both tote bags, each with a gel ice pack on the bottom. Here's what I ordered:
- Bok Choy - I mistakenly thought it was baby bok choy so typed in "5" for the quantity at checkout, but holy shit these babies are huge! I gave one to the neighbor.
- Daikon - almost wide as our fridge
- 8oz oxtail (frozen) - It's been defrosting in our fridge for oxtail soup tomorrow!
- Organic Rainbow Carrots (bunch) - for the oxtail soup. I'm hoping Coral will eat 'em because their colorful.
- Organic cilantro - love topping off oxtail soup with this peppery plant
- Northern Cafe Dumpling Pork & Napa Cabbage - handmade dumplings to be placed in light broth for these chilly winter nights in SoCal.
- Pork Chop Center Cut (Bone-in) x 2 - I love bone-in pork chops either on the grill or pan fried with sweet onions, garlic salt and pepper. Maybe a bit of thyme too.